Worker's Compensation Specialist

Winchester Orthopaedic Associates, Ltd.

Orthopaedic Surgeons & Physical Therapists located in Winchester, VA & Ranson, WV

Getting injured at work can be scary, especially when it keeps you from returning to your job right away. The team of medical professionals at Winchester Orthopaedic Associates in Winchester, Virginia and Ranson, West Virginia participate in the Virginia Workers’ Compensation Commission and may consider your eligibility for workers’ compensation in West Virginia after reviewing the case. If you’ve been injured on the job and have a workers’ compensation claim in Virginia or West Virginia, call or click online to set up an appointment with Winchester Orthopaedic Associates today.

Worker's Compensation Q & A

What is workers’ compensation?

If you get injured on the job in the state of Virginia, you may be eligible for benefits under the Virginia Workers’ Compensation Act. These may involve acute injuries, such as accidents and falls, or overuse injuries that gradually cause damage over time.

It’s important to report your injury to your employer as soon as possible, no later than 30 days after the accident or the date your doctor at Winchester Orthopaedic Associates diagnoses you with a work-related injury.

What is the role of a doctor in a workers’ compensation claim?

The skilled team of medical professionals at Winchester Orthopaedic Associates understands that a successful return to work depends upon proper planning and careful attention to various physical, psychological, and environmental factors.

They support a safe, timely, and modified return to work that helps you recover functionality and improve your quality of life. As patient advocates, they recognize that an early or modified return to work provides numerous benefits to you, such as preventing the negative psychological consequences of extended time off work.

What information do I need to schedule an appointment for a work-related injury?

Winchester Orthopaedic Associates has two on-site liaisons dedicated to assisting you in your communication with both insurance companies and your employer. When you call the office, please be prepared with the following information:

  • Date of injury
  • Workers’ compensation insurance carrier name and address
  • Claim number
  • Employer at the time of the accident
  • Insurance adjuster’s name and contact information

What should I do if I get injured on the job?

If you get injured at work, and it’s not an emergency, the first thing you should do is notify your employer right away. Then, file a claim with your state’s workers’ compensation commission.

Once you have the necessary information, call the office of Winchester Orthopaedic Associates to schedule an appointment. Let them know it’s a workers’ compensation case.

If your injury or accident requires emergency care, be sure to tell representatives at the emergency care facility that you were injured at work.

If you have a workers’ compensation claim in Virginia or West Virginia and need medical care, call the office of Winchester Orthopaedic Associates or book an appointment online today.

What we offer